Omate is a startup based in Hong Kong and in mainland China. Company’s main mission is to connect every member of the family with a new internet type of the experiencing things. In his continuing quest of intelligence, Omate brings a robot with a smiley.
Omate was the company which made the first smartwatch powered by Android. Now the same company is ready to unveil its first android powered robot featuring Amazon alexa ().
The robot answers all your questions via Amazon’s alexa voice service.
Let’s go to the features of the robot one by one-
- Android 5.1
- 5-inch HD touch display
- 8GB internal memory
- Voice service activated by Sensory.
- Ask whatever you want-weather forecast, traffic update, news and etc
- Ask Yumi(Name of the Robot) to play music and it will play from your cloud service
- Remote video surveillance with 5MP cam controlled via remote
- Video calls
- Web browsing
- Connect with your TV
- Access to all available apps in google play service
- WiFi, Bluetooth4.0
- Turning on the light
- Temperature adjustment
What are it’s lacks-
- Object avoidance
- Drop avoidance
- Fixed neck of the robot will make it tough to use the camera properly
The robot is essentially equivalent to a smartphone with the exception of its ultimate speakers. Starting price of the robot named as “Yumi” is $349. Yumi will be offered in two colors, white and black. You can book it on Indiegogo on 15th november and the product will be shipped to you by march 2017.
Yumi is the equipment to use for the personalised works. Although the choices are not so wide, but user’s response will finally decide how useful the robot is? Smartphones of the date is equally capable of matching much of the features Yumi is providing. We will keep you updating with the response Yumi will get in future. keep following…